The Tradition Continues
The club initially formed in 1879 as the Point Claire Boat Club, and while it primarily catered to paddling sports, all types of boaters were quick to establish their presence at this ideal location. In 1892 the Corinthian club formed, and with its dinghies brought a greater prominence to sailing and also regular racing. Over the years PCYC continued to develop its programs and school adding our first one design keelboat class in 1933 and in 1996 the AQVA (Association québécoise de voile adaptée) adapted sailing program for people with disabilities. True to its roots PCYC has remained an inclusive club continuing to host a variety of fleets from dinghy sailing to cruising, racers to power boaters. All are welcome and the only requirement is a passion for boating.